Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Weight of the World

Since reading Irresistible Revolution, I feel as though I've been trying to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. I know that wasn't the author's intention, but nevertheless... When we follow Jesus, we are asked to suffer for Him, and to even identify with the heartache of our world. And yet, the fruit of His Spirit are love, JOY, and peace. If I try to solve the world's problems without these, I'm not on the right track. Tonight the night was gentle and kind as I listened to a Graham Cook talk about God's powerful love and fatherhood. I may follow him into the darkest parts of the world, but the ONE I will be following is the Prince of Peace and The Father of LIght, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. Rest is a powerful weapon.

No comments: