Monday, September 3, 2007

Peace

I can't tell you how much that last quote has changed my life. I'm so much more at peace now with who I am and where I'm at in life. It takes a huge amount of faith to let everything be OK. Especially for a discontent like me. I wish I could explain it. It's been a long time since I've really, really, truely believed that God cares about the details of my life. After all, things turn out so much differently than we expect. Out of nowhere, I was overwhelmed to tears as I tried to get my mind around the idea that God is intimately involved in my character and my story. I deeply miss my friends, the ministries I used to be involved in, my childhood geographies (Oregon and Mexico)...I've been so dissapointed with myself. Nothing has been good enough for me. And now I beleive that, "in Christ we lack no good thing". I believe (as an ultimate truth, if not always in experience) that God's heart holds every provision for every human condition. After all, he made us as we are. I'm going to live out this story...live my mistakes, live my failures, live my weaknesses, live the questions, live the dissapointments, believing all the time that God will make sure that everything turns out OK.

No comments: