Saturday, June 16, 2007

One Kingdom Image

Today was interesting. Richard Noel (One of the foster parents for GAP) invited me to a meeting. He has started a non-profit called One Kingdom Image. It is a very collaborative and multi-dimensional organisation focused on using the arts in every capacity to promote joy, truth, love and community. I know that sounds pretty ethereal. It's taken me a couple of months now to even begin to understand what it is that they actually do. Richard himself is from Trinidad, and he plays steel pan. He and his band give concerts and teach children. His enthusiasm is so inspiring to me. He likes to network, and he knows so many talented people here in Tucson. I met several passionate people today at the meeting. Bringing people together and doing "kingdom work" as a result is very important to me. I realized that without the context of community, I never will find the courage to do and be all that I am passionate about. The meeting today was to plan a music and arts festival at Ried Park this Novemeber. It was interesting to observe the planning process and to hear everyone's ideas and perspectives. Anything that is collaborative in the Christian community is also very important to me. A few weeks ago, I went to an event for the global day of prayer. It was so great to see so many different cultures, races, and denominations praising God together. I know so many Christians who don't seem to have any use for this kind of thing. I doesn't make any sense to me. I just don't understand it at all. I don't want to be judgemental. I'm seriously trying to figure out where the disconnect is. What am I missing?

No comments: