Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

I want to start this entry with a disclaimer about the previous one. It doesn't bother me that Christians don't always want to be a part of huge events. Some people just don't like festivals or large groups of people. Others might be concerned about the brand of Christianity that might be displayed. I guess it just frustrates me when I don't see cooperation in general. It's when people who *claim* to care about diversity, or claim to care about changing our city, aren't interested in working together. I don't want this to become an agnsty blog. It's just something I'm trying to figure out. So much about faith and politics and social justice and unity in the kingdom remains unanswered for me. I know I could read a zillion blogs on the subject, but there have been too many words. It's something I have to work out in experience. My entry about One Kingdom Image was more of an observation of a phenomenon. I'll watch to see what happens.
Today I've spent a beautiful afternoon here at my parents house out in Catalina. I relaxed in the hammock hung in Chris' room and watched him draw. Can I say again how much he inspires me? He is amazing! My poor Russ is still so sick. I can hardly handle it. I'm so proud of him and Mom. They fight it every day with prayer, praise, scripture, good literature and good music.

No comments: