Sunday, June 10, 2007

Motivation

After substitue teaching all year I am VERY happy for a transition. I had this crazy idea to go into bussiness for myself this summer as an art teacher. Last week was my first week of classes. I had a total of three classes, and six kids, here in our home. It was so precious! We all had a blast. I'm doing whatever I can think of to get more students. I'm also having so much fun creating curriculum! Maybe some day I'll even publish it. The idea, as always, has been to create time for my art. I have a few long term projects that I can't seem to find the courage to finish. When I do finish, it will be thanks to a few cheerleaders of mine who are each partial to a particular project. You know who you are and I thank you.

I've been thinking a lot about the idea of working for free. Most people end up selling their lives to their career. I think we're just afraid to live our own life. I should speak for myself. I guess what I really don't want, is to require any outside motivation to live the life that I believe in. Having free time last summer, I've realized how much I rely on the need for money, or the obligation of committment, to motivate my best efforts. I think I'm just out of practice. Even though I don't currently have the income I need, I've *tried* to work/live as hard as ever. Soon, I hope to get back to a place in which I'm busy with kingdom work and money is a tool just like everything else.

No comments: