Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I joined Grace Community church for their Easter sunrise service as I have for years. It's become a personal tradition even when my family doesn't come. I stand there and give myself up completely to the joy of God's redemption. So often, I hold the heartache of this world in my consciousness at some level, but on Easter morning I celebrate the perfect kingdom that is, and is yet to come. He is for us. He is on our side. Then I went to the regular service at Vineyard, and out to Catalina to spend the rest of the day with my family. Greg joined us too. My mom and dad and I sat out in the garden with the wildflowers and birdsong. My parents are so wonderful. I'm so analytical, and they help me process through everything. I miss some of my old friends so much. I've been so focussed on building this little business of mine that I don't take time for the people I love. Of course the whole point of growing my business is so that I have the time and money to travel to visit friends. Oh balance is so hard to find!

1 comment:

capmango said...

There is something about a sunrise service that captures the essence of resurrection. I haven't been to a sunrise service in many years; how wonderful that you got to! Happy Easter!