Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stories

This entry is for Nate. Thank you so much for leaving a comment. The truth is I thought no one ever read this. At first I thought I didn't care. You know, I've always journaled and I've never needed anyone to read that. But somehow I haven't had the emotional courage to put my heart out there and be faced with the fact that of all the people I love, not one is that interested. That's kinda hypocritical of me as I am not much of a blog reader myself, but there it is.

Life has been amazing to me recently. Though I guess I'm easily amazed. Sometimes I think my head is going to explode with the excitement of being alive, (such as getting a comment from an old friend at just the right time) though it is tempered by my almost daily bouts of melancholy. My previous entries really describe where my heart is still at. The only difference is that I try to live it instead of just talking about it. I've been meeting a lot of people in Tucson who share my passion for social justice and for seeing the beauty of God's kingdom here and now. Only someone who has ached for that for years can understand how exciting that is. I've got to leave for church. I'll write more later.

2 comments:

The High Commander of Cinema said...

I have been ridiculously lax i my own blog and hope to take steps towards that tonight. But, this is meant to be an apology for not checkig up on yours now that you have new posts and everything. I'm scanning through them and will probably comment on one or two other entries, but wanted to let you know that it's great to see you keepig up and keeping us in the loop as your heart is moved.

Thre are people in life that we grow to care about. There are those we learn to respect. And there are those, whom we may care and respect, but whom we hold in special esteem because they simply impress us. They are a role model for those things we wish to see as the best in ourselves- reverence, modesty, passion, integrety.

Meg, you are one who impresses. Please continue to share yourself through your art and your testimony, through your stories and your shared adventures. DOn't hide it under a bushel, no, as the song goes.

Keep shining,

ROB

The Troll said...

Aaaannnd, I'm a total dork and logged in under the wrong account.

So now you know my secret identity, and I would appreciate your quiet cooperation in maintaining my guise as mild mannered Rob from VCC.

Take care,

ROB