Friday, February 29, 2008

Being sick

I've been sick for over a week now. I don't feel too terrible, just too weak to do anything. They say this virus can last up to four weeks! I haven't been able to work a whole day at all. This sickness hit right at a time when I was so excited about everything that I'm involved in. My art classes have been growing exponentially and I love the time I spend with the students. I've gotten involved with two great non-profits. One is called Arts for Life. I'm meeting precious, precious kiddos that make life so much fun! My roomies are the best! I see more and more of the the ways in which God made them truly amazing people. Every day I'm challenged by their sense of humor, hard work, compassion etc. I'm also finding time to hang out with my brothers. My little brothers have become friends. And yet, for now, life has all but stopped. Up until now, I've been in a sort of denial I guess. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up well again. In the mean time, I need to really trust God. I want to rest in him and take this opportunity to re-prioritize. "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise up early and stay up late . . . for the Lord grants sleep to those he loves.

1 comment:

Heather Elaine said...

Happy late leap year day :D. and
hooray for hearing about what is going on in the life of a dear friend! So glad to hear that the art classes are going well and that God's doing good things all around you. Hope you're feeling all better now from the flu.
Here's a BIG HUG for my very favorite Mug Gritts! Muah! and a kiss too.